Mortgage Questions - Ready to Buy a Home
Am I ready to buy a home?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do I have a steady source of income (usually a job)?
- Have I been employed on a regular basis for the last 2-3 years?
- Is my current income reliable?
- Do I have a good record of paying my bills?
- Do I have few outstanding long-term debts, like car payments?
- Do I have money saved for a down payment?
- Do I have the ability to pay a mortgage every month, plus additional costs?
- Am I able to pay for repairs and maintenance or do them myself?
- Am I able to furnish the home?
If you can answer "yes" to these questions, you are probably ready to buy your own home.
Ready to start your online mortgage application?
Return to Mortgage Questions